Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dec. 9: PARTY

Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.

Does a Dave Matthews Band concert count? Well it does now! I'm kind of low-key when it comes to parties. Post-college days I'm pretty boring.


I did attend the DMB concert this year. I was beyond excited for months before the concert. It was the first arena tour of his I had ever been too AND it was the first show of the tour. He must love Buffalo! Who doesn't though? This event also ties into my Community Reverb10 post from a couple days ago as this event was completely setup between me and my friend
on twitter. We laugh about it because we barely see each other and we don't text or call, we just tweet one another almost daily. We went to college together and were within the same group of friends so we were not strangers on twitter. ANYWAYS back to DMB...the concert was beyond my high expectations. Even though our seats were in the 300 section it felt like the best seat in the house! Unlike the outdoor theme park tours I've been too, I was actually able to hear every song and watch all of the bands movements. The whole arena was filled for the sold out concert. The people were interesting. There was a mix of young, old, parents with kids, hipsters, stoners (obviously bc it's DMB). There were 3 kids in front of us that had to be in their mid-late teens and they were on some sort of drug. They certainly kept us occupied at times. See image below of me being pissed off at the obnoxious drugged out teens...
Despite the obnoxiousness the concert was by far the best DMB and possibly the best concert of everyone I've seen. I sang my heart out to every song!

No comments: