Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec. 8: Beautifully Different

Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different - you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

I consider myself to be honest, no matter what. I will not sugar coat things. If you ask me if that dress makes you look fat and I think it does I will tell you. What? You asked! I am not extremely harsh though, I understand people have feelings. I will look for a dress that makes you NOT look fat. In fact I'm the person that asks you to go to the mall because I need to get something then convinces you to buy a bunch of stuff while I walk out empty handed. It makes me proud that my friends will come to me when they truly need the truth and they value my opinion that much. Whether they come to me about relationships, jobs, or life in general they know I'm always there. I will drop everything to be with them when they need me. Which leads me to my next trait, I always go out of my way to make sure people are pleased with me. Most of the time it has backfired in my face, but not all, so I do cherish the few that have not back-stabbed and walked all over me for having this trait. One example of this is a close friend I used to have in college. I considered her a best friend. Whenever she needed me I'd drop everything to be with her. Her parent's divorce-all it took was a phone call and I was in my car on my way to consoling her. If she wanted to go to the mall I'd pick her up and drive us, car pool to work, brought her along on family vacations. I've never been the type to be needy for others but I love when others need me, until I really do need someone. My last month of college I found out my mom had cancer. The doctors performed a procedure and while my mom was recovering and all drugged up the doctor pulled me aside and told me the results. They asked me if I wanted to tell my mom when she woke up or if I would rather the doctor tell her a week later at her results appointment. I decided it'd be best if the doctors told her, I could not live with being the person to tell my mother she has cancer. Anyways I had this huge weight on my shoulders for a week while I had to pretend I was OK. I called on this "best friend" to see if she'd meet me for coffee because I needed her. "Best Friend" said she was going to a house party for a friend that night and could not cancel, but I was totally invited if I wanted to go! I explained that being at a party with a lot of people drinking was not where I wanted to be. I told her I found out my mom had cancer and she just wouldn't budge. I hope that party was fun! Still to this day she does not understand why I do not talk to her anymore. She tells people that I just stopped talking to her out of nowhere (because shes the victim right?) All I ask is that you're there for me in return.

To all my friends and family who respect me and bend over backwards for me I love you and appreciate everything!


NOTE: my mother had surgery and her cancer was successfully removed. She is so strong. It completely changed her outlook on life. She used to wear a size 18 and has become a gym and health nut and is now healthy and a beautiful size 4! She truly is an inspiration!

1 comment:

debs2107 said...

Guess your "best friend" wasn't a real best friend after all, so sorry to hear that. Hope your mom is doing better now.