Thursday, December 9, 2010

All I Want For Christmas...

is a new job.

It's tough out there. I'm sure many of you understand how I'm feeling. I've been applying and interviewing for about a year now. It's a rat race and it's all about who you know and the connections you have.

Despite work my 2010 has been fabulous! New house and renovations, I got engaged, life outside of work could not be better!

I hate complaining but I just need to let out all of the stuff that's been happening to me at my job because each day I get closer and closer to walking out the door and not coming back, and today was the icing on the cake.

Earlier this year our salesman was caught stealing money and business from the company so he was let go. Since then the salesman was not replaced. Business has just been getting slower and slower. My boss is the type where he likes the money that goes in his pocket but hed rather be working on the jobs than getting them, which hes fully admitted to. Anyways his son quit his job here (through a TEXT message to me) soon after the salesman, leaving just me, a designer, and the boss. Since then my boss has been acting weird. One minute hes goofing around and in the best mood ever and the next hes the meaning person I have ever met. I couldn't understand the quick changes but I decided to just focus on my work and ignore it. Well now my boss smells like alcohol, slurs like he's been drinking all day & night, but again I just wanted to ignore it. That's his business not mine (in regards to his work and his life). Well he constantly makes comments to me about how my engagement will end in tears because noone can stay together, my fiance is just using me (mind you I have NEVER spoken to him about my personal life/relationships). Then he goes on about how much he hates Italians and how they're all stuck up assholes who expect the world to bend over backwards for them (I'm Italian). He told me not to buy my house because he doesn't know how long my position will be around for. I think he thinks I'm his daughter. Well today as soon as I walked in to punch in at the time clock he runs up to me to tell me one of his long winded stories about "F*ck so and so"(no joke) and i had my arms crossed under my chest. He was so into his story that he grabbed my arm SO hard that my arms came uncrossed and I lost my balance like I was going to fall. I jerked my arm back out of his grasp and prepared myself for a lash out. He acted like he didn't even recognize what had just happened! So what did I do? Ignored it and stayed away from him the rest of the day making excuses like "he must have been drunk" "he wont remember" "he didnt realize how hard he grabbed onto me" and now I'm just angry because I know that's not right. You shouldn't touch an employee. PERIOD.

But what do I do? Any advice would be very helpful. Has anyone else gone through anything like this professionally?

No comments: