Monday, December 6, 2010

Dec. 3: MOMENT



A moment at which I truly felt alive this year...there were a few. One that is extremely vivid in my mind is the morning I saw a complete 180* double rainbow. I was on my way to work...miserable as usual. I was waiting at a stop light and looked to my left and saw this ridiculously bright mix of colors that seemed to be RIGHT next to me. I took out my phone to take a picture and when I clicked the button I received a text message of the same rainbow my friend had captured on her commute to work as well! As I drove closer and closer to work the rainbow was getting brighter and brighter. Then I noticed there was a second one appearing right next to it! (The picture above was taken on my iphone and does it NO justice.) I was in shock and awe. I turned off my radio to really focus and I could not believe I was seeing this with my own eyes. How many days in a lifetime do you see a rainbow, every color distinctly clear from one end to the other? Then it gets you thinking...how many other people were witnessing the same thing as I? How many people were in a miserable mood and was immediately cheered up? I mean who HATES a rainbow? How many people started singing the Wizard of Oz song in their head? It would have been creepy had it played on the radio.

The funny thing about it was as I got closer and closer to work it seemed like one end of the rainbow was right on the building where I worked, but as soon as I pulled into the parking lot and parked my car all signs of the rainbow disappeared. Amazing how one thing can change your entire mood for the day.

No comments: