Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I hope she's loved

So many different things have been on my mind lately. Half good and half bad. My boyfriend is moving back to Buffalo after being home with his family in Central NY for a year. YAY! no more traveling to see him, especially with the gas prices now! I put over 20,000 miles on my car in the last year between visiting him and going to work (which used to be 45 minutes each way). I'm moved out of my house and in with a good friend of mine. She's great! The only thing I'm having trouble with is the way her boyfriend treats her. I'm very worried about certain things being said to her. But when is it appropriate to say something? Or maybe I shouldn't say anything at all. I'm always there to listen and we tell each other a lot about ourselves, like good friends do (duh it's in the job description) plus now that we're roommates we talk even more. Apparently he's threatened that she talks to me and her mother so much. But I believe every woman should have a mother to guide her, a best friend to console her, and a boyfriend to love her. So far she's wealthy in two out of three of these. Sunday morning while I was in my room I heard the bf yelling at my roommate and using the F word a couple times. Being in a good relationship, my jaw dropped because my bf would NEVER 1.raise his voice to me in that way and 2. curse at a woman like that. Later I asked how she was doing and she said he apologized for yelling but can't apologize for the reason behind the argument. That's discouraging. How would you feel if you knew that your bf couldn't man up and accept blame for ANYTHING And that after every argument you'll be the one apologizing even if you know you're right? I don't get it. My roomie could have SO much better and he bf now is such a charmer in public but once behind closed doors he tends to be an asshole. No one's perfect but geesh. Isn't the purpose of a relationship to be in love with one another and care for them unconditionally? I hope she's loved.

my song for her is : "One Sweet Love" by Sara Bareilles
"The time that I've taken
I pray is not wasted
Have I already tasted my piece of one sweet love?
Ready and waiting for a heart worth the breaking
But I'd settle for an honest mistake in the name of
One sweet love.

Savor the sorrow to soften the pain sip on
The southern rain
As I do, I don't look don't touch don't do anything
But hope that there is a you."

No comments: