Wednesday, August 13, 2008

a NON-working girl

My *8:30-5:
Sign into computer-let boot for 10 minutes
Open Outlook-check e-mails
Login to iGoogle-check recent celebrity gossip
Stare at computer 'til 12
Go to lunch for one hour (or more since I work in the boonies)
Refresh iGoogle-check recent celebrity gossip
Boss brings over Lindor Truffles for department-bribing us not to look for another job
Boss "fist pounds" each person and leaves to his office
E-mail funny youtube.com videos within department to watch
Quote funny youtube.com video for an hour
Stare at computer 'til 5



After a year of working for a marketing communications agency I am trying to evaluate what I've learned based on my daily schedule of work (listed above). Based on the results I find that I can still be listed as an entry level worker. I've written probably a handful of releases in the last 12 months. I have looked up editorial calendars and saved them as PDFs on the server and sent pre-written press releases to specific publications. Wow! I know your head must be spinning after all that work!

Being that I'm in the fast paced marketing world you'd think I would have things to keep me busy. I do not feel confident enough to look for another job thats 1-2 years experience because I can honestly say the work I've done is what I did in my internship. How do you get your boss to give you more work? Apparently begging doesn't work. But he's available if you need a "fist pound" or chocolate fix.

No comments: